Thursday, March 22, 2007

Briana, Kendell and Cayla

I want to write about my 3 daughters. Briana is 15 and she is all me! Her daddy died when she was 1 and she looks like him. She has my eyes though. I was 18 when I had her and scared to death! She was the cutest and sweetest baby in the whole world and she melted her daddy's heart. It was love at first sight for the both of us. Everything was going real good for us until we found out he had cancer, then our world crumbled. It was real tough that year taking care of a baby and your sick boyfriend. I don't know how Robbie did it. I don't think I would have been able to handle that. It's been 14 years since he died. Damn that's a long time! Sometimes it seems like a dream. I did all I could do at that time and if I had to do it over I would. I loved him and I always will. So I have to watch Briana grow trying to find glimpes of Robbie and it isn't hard. He is everywhere. Her features, her hair and even the way she walks. He has to be proud of her. She is a good kid and real street smart. You gotta have that in this mean and evil world. It's a major reality check with my girls. I am constantly humbled by them. I feel like I am so tuned in to them. Not only are they my flesh and blood, they are my best friends. Let me move on to child #2. Her name is Kendell and she is 9. She is beautiful and very spiritual. She's really the one who puts me in my place. We go head to head almost everyday over anything. I know that I'm toast when she gets to be 13. Bring it on!! My girls are going to have respect for themselves and others. I demand that shit because I get sick and tired of seeing spoiled, rotten kids who do nothing but get thier own way. You have to be on your toes in this world, I can't say it enough. Now onto child #3. Her name is Cayla and she is 6. Cayla is my baby bug. That child is all heart and soul. She is completely different from the other 2. She is quiet and still. She has beautiful features as well. She is the quiet one in her class. I am so proud of my girls. I hope they find the man of thier dreams and can experience that kind of earth shattering love. That is the best feeling in the whole world, nothing can touch that.

2 comments:

Ĵōÿ said...

If you have read my book there are the three.

Robbie - Paul
Cathy - Janet
Briana - Ashley

We've been through some tough times together and seen some damn fine miracles occur too.

Ĵōÿ said...

Its late and I was re-reading this and I just got to say. Robbie is definately proud of Briana. She is soooo like him. Kendell and Cayla, yeah, both are absolutely beautiful girls. You are definately gonna have your hands full there. Lol... cant wait to see how Mr Man reacts to the boys calling non-stop!!